What are the best ways for living a healthy lifestyle? We asked yoga expert Alysa Volpe for insider tips on how to maintain a balanced life.
Tell us about yourself.
– I’m 39 years old and I work at Miraval Resort and Spa in Arizona. I live in Tucson.
Why did you become a yoga teacher?
– When I turned 30, I realized that I was very unhappy at my desk job. I knew I wanted to do something that brought both challenges and joy to myself and others, and yoga had been part of my routine for almost a decade. It was something I loved so I decided to become a certified yoga instructor.
What’s your typical beauty and well-being routine?
– Except for the monsoon season from June to September, Tucson tends to be very dry so I oil my body daily with either sesame or almond oil. I drink a lot of water and moisturize throughout the day and before I go to bed.
Describe your favourite beauty look.
– I try to keep it simple but I am a fan of lip colour and mascara. My hair is usually pulled back but if the stars align just right my wavy hair gets to hang out, so to speak. I’m a fan of boots and tend to wear them year round!
Give us your five best personal beauty and health tips for busy women on the go.
1. Drink lots of water.
2. Get at least seven hours of sleep.
3. Try to eat food whose ingredients you can easily identify.
4. Be comfortable enough to breathe with ease in any outfit you wear.
5. Don't call yourself ugly, fat, skinny or label others that way, either. You should be kinder to yourself and others and that’s always the most attractive quality a person can have.