After a period of living in both Stockholm and New York (three doors down from Carrie of Sex and the City), she recently moved full time to the Swedish capital to write exclusively for Oriflame… but she hangs out in NYC whenever she can.
Have you discovered anything about beauty since you started writing about it?
– Beauty is based on a lot more than just the exterior. It’s about how you feel inside, and makeup is a tool for bringing out your best side.
Tell us about your look.
– For parties, I love smoky eyes, velvety skin and red lips. For every day, I go for BB cream and mascara and perhaps kohl. I always carry my beloved all-round moisturising balm for my cuticles, lips, eyelids and brows. I’ve become better at wearing colour since I moved to New York and adore fuchsia and electric blue. When I go out, high heels are a must!
What do you do when you have a day off in NY?
– I like starting with breakfast at Café Cluny or a branch of Sarabeth’s before walking around the Chelsea Market or the Meatpacking District. For a peaceful oasis, I recommend The High Line and when I can, I go for a run along the Hudson River. In the evening, I go out to dinner with friends – the classic Minetta Tavern is a favourite.
What do you enjoy most about your job?
– I love inspiring others and I have a passion for using words to bring life to beauty and style. Writing for Oriflame’s The Beauty Edit is an incredibly fun challenge! It’s an online beauty destination that really connects with people – a place they can get an insight into everything related to beauty and trends, and a place to find easy solutions that you actually can learn how to use yourself at home.
What are your top beauty tips?
– Eat plenty of food rich in omega 3 fats, such as fish and sunflower seeds, to give your skin moisture, and fruit and veggies for vitamin C to keep it supple. And wash your hands before touching your face – that rule’s made a big difference to my skin!
ANNA’S FAVOURITE PLACES IN NYC