Back in 2007, London-based French fashionista Laetitia Wajnapel was on maternity leave and “blessed with a very sleepy baby”. She figured she’d use her spare time to share her everyday life and outfits with friends back home.
Fast-forward seven years and you’ll find Laetitia travelling the world to cover fashion weeks and collaborating with some of the world’s most coveted brands, – all thanks to her award-winning blog Mademoiselle Robot.
What’s the best thing about running Mademoiselle Robot?
– The freedom of doing what I want, when I want. I get to decide and shape my job every day, which is a privilege that I cherish.
You were born in Paris but nowadays you live in London; how come?
– I moved over here for love. It didn't work out, but I fell in love with the city instead and decided to stay. It was the right choice. I’m now happily married and doing a job I could only have dreamed of!’
What do you like to do when you’re not working?
– I read a lot, go for walks with my daughter, I see my friends... and I travel.’
Tell us about your perfect holiday…
– Los Angeles with my husband and daughter, mooching around drinking iced coffee, looking at art installations in LACMA and cycling on the beach.
How do you keep your hair and makeup fresh during long days out and about in the city?
– I think the key is to use good products with staying power and to apply them carefully in the morning so they can last all day. I brush my hair in the morning and do my makeup, but I rarely retouch it during the day. If I have an important meeting, I will reapply lipstick but that’s about it.
Is there a difference in your beauty routine when you go on holiday?
– When I’m on holiday, I moisturise more, especially if I fly long haul and my skin is dehydrated on arrival. Of course, I always wear SPF, the higher the better! For makeup, I wear much less when I’m away; just the bare minimum: mascara, bronzer and a bit of lip balm.